Okay so this is going to show you just how lame we are, but The Doc and I have yet to take a weekend away from the girls. That’s right, in 4 1/2 years it has been hot nights at home with the ladies in the next room. I could list a number of factors that have contributed to our lack of time away, but I won’t bore you with that. The truth is our marriage is of utmost importance to us and we want so much to make time to strengthen our connection. A friend just blogged about how “if our marriage isn’t well, nothing makes sense to me.” I agree and in this season of change for us, with the addition of another family member looming, I want to get some time away that is just about us connecting. I am ready. The Doc is ready and before sweet baby number three arrives we are determined to make it happen. We now live in a city with family, what a concept, that have offered to hang with the ladies so we can get some time away together. And now that I’ve shared the plan with you so that you can keep me accountable/harass me/ask me about it from time to time, it must happen.
But my point, people, is that I would love some ideas! I want to know what you and your man, or woman, have done to get away. I’m going to be a nerd and list some guidelines, or things that I would either like it to include or limitations to what we can do. And seriously, any thoughts would be awesome!
1. We live on the west coast, so something out here
2. Under about $250 total cost (this one could be tricky). We are planning on driving so won’t need to buy airfare.
3. Keep in mind I am in fact 20 weeks prego so wine tasting, or sleeping on a rock somewhere might not work out so well.
4. A not so kid friendly activity. No Disneyland please.
5. A place we can be a bit unplugged so that we can talk, sit and be still together
6. Skydiving is probably gonna be out on this one, but other fun activities that would be cool to try together
7. Romantic locale? Extra points for anything along those lines, especially if it involves a hot tub (and yes, I will only stay in 15 minutes as not to overcook the baby within).
8. If rural, can we get to action easily? Might be nice to catch a movie or have a fun meal.
9. Coffee. Must be good coffee or the ability to make good coffee.
Okay, now I’m derailing a bit, but you get the idea. So bring it, I can’t wait to hear from you. (and by that I mean please don’t have the comments be empty when I check back in a couple of hours :))